Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Always Tell the Truth!

One of my most embarrassing moments came during my first year as a Rockette. We had 9:00am shows on Saturday and Sunday mornings. Come on dancers….9:00am is usually DEAD TO THE WORLD TIME. The coffee is not even brewing yet but I was supposed to be kicking my heels up for 6000 people down at The Music Hall.

Today's note is ALWAYS TELL THE TRUTH! I get a call from my stage manager letting me know I’m 5 minutes late to work. Rather than telling him I was on my way I confessed that my alarm had not even gone off and that I was still in the bed in my pj’s. How I wished that I had a better answer? The truth is always the best policy. Your story never has to change and you can live with the knowledge that mistakes happen.

If you make a habit of ALWAYS TELLING THE TRUTH directors will pick up on your honesty and realize they can trust you with even bigger tasks, roles, and projects. One lie has the potential to take you down a road of no return.

ALWAYS TELL THE TRUTH!

No comments:

Post a Comment